The Engineer performs system planning and circuit analysis of distribution circuits 12kv and below and develops remediation plans as needed; performs project engineering and project management duties in order to complete plans, designs, cost estimates, and construction of electric distribution facilities 69kv and below with emphasis on safety, reliability, cost effectiveness, and customer satisfaction.
- Prepare load analysis for electric distribution substations and feeders and develop remediation plans for facilities that warrant corrective action.
- Provide engineering assistance and technical support to field engineering representatives and other Division personnel. Perform power quality/trouble shooting analysis for customers’ facilities.
- Plan, design, cost estimate, budget and manage projects related to new business, reliability, government highway or local road projects, system growth, and essential maintenance for the electric system.
- Meet with residential and commercial customers, architects, contractors, and other appropriate contacts to determine actions needed to fulfill customers’ requests. Provide customers with information regarding rates, lighting, wiring, NEC, and NESC code interpretations, and other service requirements and needs.
- Perform engineering and design of electric and gas extensions or modifications in response to customer service requests, including: determining the impact of additional loads on the existing electric distribution system; securing of permits and rights-of-way; and performing post-construction follow-up.
- Work with division team members to enhance safety, reliability, cost effectiveness, and customer satisfaction.
- Emergency call-out for storm restoration.
- Perform work within various company computer systems, such as DOJM, MV90, EADMS, CSS, SYNERGI, Load Analysis, OAS and Byers.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of department and division goals. Identify and implement improvements in processes and operations to control costs and improve productivity
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university required.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Completion of power-related courses in college is preferred. E.I.T. (Engineer-in-Training) certification or P.E. (Professional Engineer) registration preferred. Electrical engineering and project management experience preferred, but will consider recent graduates
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Jacksonville, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A