View All Edward Jones JobsEdward Jones
The Cloud Security Engineer helps architect, deploy and operate a secure cloud application infrastructure that aligns with business needs. The position is responsible for supporting operational innovation and providing security direction to the business to elevate the company’s security posture within a cloud computing infrastructure. An advanced role, the cloud security engineer helps deliver applications at scale and with resiliency to support business initiatives. The cloud security engineer is also expected to possess advanced administrative and troubleshooting skills, and be knowledgeable about architecture, engineering and design principles. The cloud security engineer should be adept at dealing with disparate applications and data systems to maintain the level of rigor required to adhere to business direction. Along with depth of system coverage, the role requires planning and design of policies and maintenance.
- Deploy strong identity and access management (IDAM) controls across applications and computing environments.
Secure business applications and computing environments across public, private or hybrid cloud infrastructures.
- Maintain a consistent, secure environment using configuration management solutions (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.). Conduct rigorous oversight of security systems and security configuration administration to reduce risk to enterprise systems and accounts.
- Actively monitor, assess and recommend tactical and strategic initiatives based on new and emerging threats posing risk to cloud computing environments.
- Manage remediation efforts after security assessment findings outline weaknesses requiring attention.
- Develop and maintain secure, resilient enterprise-grade cloud processes in tandem with architects and system engineers.
- Document, formulate and enforce areas of security improvement that balance risk with business operations and do not diminish efficiencies or innovation.
- Assist with development, maintenance and utilization of scripts (e.g., Python, Ruby, etc.) to support custom extract, transform load (ETL) tools with a security focus for data flow.
- Assist in maintaining strong oversight with cloud computing vendors and solution providers to safeguard against undue risk presented by external entities. Escalate to security management and business unit leads when points of weakness are discovered.
- Attend regular technical project and implementation meetings, and serve as the security consultant to help guide secure application and infrastructure configurations.
- Protect business applications in compliance with privacy, security, business resiliency and compliance frameworks as defined in corporate policies.
- Familiarity with tools such as Git, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet and Salt.
- Familiarity with security solutions such as Twistlock and Aqua Security, as well as tool such as Docker, Kubernetes and AWS CloudTrail.
- Network and encryption experience, including virtual private networks (VPNs), IPsec, SSL/TLS, LDAP and public key infrastructure (PKI).
- Experienced in cloud networking architecture and cloud operations, with cloud access security broker (CASB) experience preferred.
- Strong Linux and Windows support skills.
- IDAM experience, including OAuth and OpenID.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience and understanding of various regulatory requirements and laws, including but not limited to: Payment Card Industry (PCI), Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA). Additionally, experience in one or more of the following: ISO 27001/2, ITIL or NIST is preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in cybersecurity as a practitioner and with at least 2-3+ years exposure with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure or VMware.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experienced in the use of threat intelligence services in a production environment.
Company: Edward Jones
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A