The Distribution Design Technician is primarily responsible for entering and maintaining automated mapping/facility management (through GTech) data to ensure related systems are up-to-date and reliable.
- Post as-built changes required due to construction projects (electric and gas)
- Adhere to current facility placement standards to ensure electronic maps are updated accurately
- Perform GTech switching operations related to system changes
- Maintain and update GTech land base (subdivisions, municipal annexations, roads, etc)
- Coordinate resolution of GTech-TLM,OAS error reports
- Update/maintain electric and gas distribution one-line drawings
- Provide drafting support, including the creation and maintenance of stand-alone drawings such as: low voltage switching diagrams, crossings and encroachments, property plats, emergency gas valve prints, territory maps, and accident/public contact drawings.
- Prepare and maintain gas maps for special projects as required for leak surveys and patrols to meet gas code compliance and ICC requirements.
- Provide maps and specialized prints for division and internal customers as required such as feeder and street lighting maps, real estate exhibits, and prints for periodic quality assurance inspections
- Create, maintain, and distribute plan and profile drawings, as needed.
- Proficiency with AM/FM, Micro station, or other Auto CAD related software strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of electric and gas standards, procedures and distribution systems preferred.
Qualification & Experience:
- Associates Degree in a technical field required, preferably in Computer-Aided Design or Engineering Technology.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university preferred. Extensive relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- One or more years experience analyzing and interpreting construction drawings preferred.
- Design or construction experience on utility distribution lines and/or mains preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Peoria, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A