Website The Walt Disney Company
This key role is responsible for assisting the DMED Employee Relations team with the establishment and management of employee relations activities according to established guidelines and Employee Relations best practices. The Manager of Employee Relations will support this new DMED segment by assisting in building the ER function for the new DMED segment and will also provide clients with ER expertise and services, including conducting investigations, advising on ER issues, interpreting policies and practices, and responding to Administrative Agency and Guideline complaints. This role requires a sophisticated and innovative ER professional, who is a self-starter, with strong writing, analytical and problem solving skills, and highly-skilled at managing investigations.
- Prepare written documentation of investigative findings and report out to stakeholders.
- Act as a proactive consultant to the business by implementing strategies that include best practices through collaboration with Human Resource
- Business Partners (HRBP), Legal, Labor Relations, Security, Management Audit and Advisory and Assurance and other partners.
- Respond to Administrative Agency requests and charges
- Support reduction in workforce efforts by partnering with HR Business Partners and Legal to work through the established process and assist with compiling documentation and summaries for senior management review.
- Respond to employee concerns and complaints that violate Company policies by supporting the investigative team in conducting timely internal investigations independently or in conjunction with ER supervisors and HR Business Partners.
- Research and respond to HR Business Partners and employee inquiries regarding complex leave of absence scenarios (ability to analyze FMLA and other state leave laws).
- Support the performance management process by providing general consultation, preparation of written warnings, performance improvement plans, coaching, key messaging and other related documents.
- Strong issue spotting and analytical skills to enable intake of ER issues and cases.
- In depth understanding of all aspects of employment and human resources related laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts and practices, including Title VII, ADA, ADAA & FMLA
- Minimum of 5 years Human Resources experience, or 4 years in Employee Relations, or 3 years in legal practice required.
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrated strong written/verbal communication and facilitation/presentation skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated consultative, credibility assessment and investigative skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively, lead and influence at all levels within the organization, and make decisions while keeping all partners and leaders informed.
- The successful candidate will be proactive and will have outstanding listening skills, proven consultative skills, and the ability to assess sensitive and complex employee relations issues in a confidential, objective, and systematic manner.
Company: The Walt Disney Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Burbank, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A