Website The Walt Disney Company
The data scientist will join a team of engineers and product managers to deliver the world’s most innovative, automated, and technologically advanced content platform through the integration of predictive models and analytical insight.
- Serve as a technical and leadership mentor to the team. Encourage and set the example for collaboration across functions. Forge solid relationships with peers in other disciplines.
- Design and implement models and methodologies on variety of datasets to achieve operational excellence and personalization efforts for our digital product lineup
- Make strategic recommendations on data collection, integration and retention incorporating business requirements and knowledge of best practices.
- Become and stay an expert in current and emerging technologies and tools.
- Proven excellence in leading and contributing to Data Science projects in a commercial setting
- Experience in leading discovery processes with stakeholders to identify the business requirements and the expected outcome
- Proven track (patents, publications) of pushing state of the art in the data science / machine learning space.
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills and fortitude to get stuff done
Qualification & Experience:
- Proven experience providing technical mentorship to junior team members
- Up to date knowledge on PyTorch and packages in its ecosystem (3+ years)
- Comfortable working in a team environment using Agile methodologies
- Demonstrate the following scientist qualities: clarity, accuracy, precision, relevance, depth, breadth, logic, significance, fairness and aptitude for original research
- Expert level in machine learning architecture and model development, ideally contributing to one of the main machine learning frameworks.
- Strong working knowledge of statistical frameworks (Pandas, NumPy/SciPy, scikit-learn) (5+ years)
- Capability to educate the organization both from technical and the business perspectives on new approaches, such as testing hypotheses and statistical validation of results
Company: The Walt Disney Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Burbank, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A