Website The Walt Disney Company
The Cross Platform Development & Growth team is responsible for working with ESPN Programming/Production, Marketing, DMED leadership and Sports research & consumer insights teams to grow ESPN audiences/users across linear & digital platforms in order to build the strongest, most financially viable multi-platform strategies.
- Utilize competitive data and insights to inform marketplace based strategies
- Collaborate with ESPN Content Team and ESPN+ in building content distribution plan across both Networks and ESPN digital platforms
- Track competitive platforms and content investment in Sports across media
- Work with the Sports Research and Consumer Insights teams to build insights based on multi-platform content performance, demographic projections to create profiles of the key audience needs for each platform.
- Work closely with ESPN Social team and ad sales to drive usage, engagement, revenue growth strategies/opportunities
- Understand linear viewing trends and behaviors, collaborate with DMED Network partners, and work closely with Finance and ESPN
- Programming to recommend network optimization and growth strategies.
- Work closely with ESPN.com/App teams Product (DMED), Editorial (ESPN), Tech (DMED), Ad Sales (DMED) and marketing to drive usage and revenue growth
- Work with Sports Research to create and communicate digestible insight summaries for ESPN and DMED Leaders to understand performance and fan behavior.
- Insights should include the key audience opportunities & content performance based on strengths and weaknesses of our offerings
- Demonstrable experience in growing audience / customer levels and engagement on different media platforms
- Undergraduate degree required, MBA preferred.
- Experience in linear and/or digital media (to include experience in Sports), likely in a commercial, research, product and growth, marketing or programming function
- 10+ years professional experience
Qualification & Experience:
- Adept at working with varied stakeholders – programming, research, product, finance etc; able to adapt communication style to different audiences
- Highly collaborative and able to successfully build productive relationships at all levels
- Highly data literate; able to interpret information and develop recommendations
- Experience in sports media
- Experience leading others, directly and leading on projects
- Experience interfacing with high level executives
- Comfortable working in a fast paced and changing environment
Company: The Walt Disney Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A