Are you customer focused? Are you a fanatic for Quality in Technology systems? Do you like to lead a team of technologists to develop a stronger culture of quality, innovation, delivery, and growth? You are invited to apply for this Director role for Quality Engineering in the Digital Platform (DP) at Starbucks Technology. DP builds and runs systems (APIs, databases, tools) that power millions of active users placing millions of mobile orders for their favorite drinks daily.
- Influence – Advocate for a change in an authentic and transparent way by leveraging relationships and organizational savvy to influence and encourage adoption by others.
- Partner – Work with peer directors inside Starbucks Technology to align goals, established shared vision for quality, and execute towards continuously improving results.
- Align – Bring people together from different disciplines and across Starbucks Technology to invest for continuously improving quality. Empowers team with both the authority and the accountability to accomplish the goal it has been given.
- Know – Stays current with industry technology trends impacting Quality Engineering drive thought leadership, early adoption and better results.
- Innovate – Instill innovation into our daily activities to transform quality engineering.
- Inspire – Demonstrate passion that motivates, inspires, and influences people that drives them to accomplish extraordinary things. Create an environment where individuals take action, connect with others, participate, and deliver.
- Communicate – Communicates with Impact. Listen actively, facilitate discussions, enable #blameless culture, and resolve conflicts. Strong oral, written, and conversational communications.
- Grow Relationships across the organization to learn and solve problems quickly.
- Vendor management from RFP-to-run state and active management, 5+
- Experience with leading full stack teams and driving platform leadership, 5+
- Experience with modern full-stack technologies: REST, NoSQL, Web, Mobile, data driven Quality
- Experience with building, deploying, and managing apps and systems for consumer use
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- QSR / Retail focused experience is a plus.
- Progressive experience in large scale systems, on-prem, and cloud services design, testing and implementation within a large, global organization, 10+ years.
- Experience with leading multiple engineering teams preferably with consumer, 5+ years.
- Deep expertise in Quality Engineering with technical depth designing and delivering tools and systems. 5+ years.
- Team and project management experience, including the ability to build and lead cross-functional teams, 8+
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to leverage business knowledge, sound judgment, and resourcefulness to determine appropriate course of action in challenging, ambiguous situations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to engage with and present ideas to senior leadership. Provides key input to facilitate decision-making process.
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated experience with agile and systems development lifecycle and technology operations.
- Hands on experience with quality engineering technologies including: IDEs, Debuggers, Diagnostics Tools, Software Test Automation Tools, etc.
- Deep technical understanding of distributed systems and interconnected systems.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seattle, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A