Website Party City
The Director of Construction leads and directs all construction activities for new, relocation and expansion projects including project budgeting, scheduling, negotiation of construction riders and construction related Lease issues, coordination with Real Estate, Facilities and internal departments impacted by and related to Construction.
- Reviews and negotiates construction lease Riders and responds to Landlord comments, supporting timely lease execution.
- Accountable for overseeing construction project budgeting, scheduling, purchasing and build out for all new store and relocation projects.
- Develops construction project budgets for real estate proforma development and serve as the internal construction resource in support of real estate deal making initiatives.
- Leads a team of internal and external resources to execute on the corporate new and relocation store annual plan as well as corporate HQ construction projects.
- Maintains capital forecast and budget tracking and oversees change-orders and budget alterations/changes.
- Proficiently bids/awards and reviews/manages contracts related to project management scope.
- Creates and maintains budgets and continually value-engineers costs to ensure cost effective construction means and methods are consistently utilized.
- Knowledgeable/proficient in square footage costs for various trades, sub-contractors and locales in the US.
- Sources and vets new vendors (contractors, mill workers, consultants, etc.)
- Oversees all aspects of construction planning to ensure projects are completed on-time and within budgets.
- Able to read and interpret construction drawings
- Expertise and in-depth knowledge in construction means and methods to include, but not limited to, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, flooring and millwork.
- Travel as needed – up to 50%
- Experience working with enterprise wide project management and cost management software a plus.
- Team Player who is able to work without supervision
- New store set-up experience
- Skilled in multi-tasking and balancing competing priorities.
- Able to supervise and manage many external consultants and service providers as well as direct reports.
Qualification & Experience:
- 8+ years experience in a Retail construction director role managing multiple locations.
- Experience with Lozier/Madix gondola fixture systems and installations.
- Collaborative leader, coach, mentor who thrives in a fast-paced and agile team environment.
- Solid project planning, communication and project management skills overseeing multiple projects and initiatives.
- Experience with the management of medium-box retail store construction under varying deal structures to include; landlord turnkey projects, as-is construction projects, etc.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or related work experience.
Company: Party City
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rockaway, New Jersey, United States
Application Deadline: N/A