Massachusetts General Hospital
The Massachusetts General Hospital Advisory Services Department works together with international clients to provide advisory services across a spectrum of projects – from providing in depth clinical expertise and guidance to assisting in the build out of new service lines and hospitals. The Director, International Client Management- China Region will be responsible for overseeing the Advisory Services portfolio of current and potential clients within China and potentially greater Asia. This position will be instrumental in relationship building and project execution in China and therefore fluency in both Mandarin and English (flawless written and verbal language skills) will be required.
- Directly manage project managers/coordinators and others that are staffing/executing project deliverables, and the work they produce – reports, analytics, agendas, workshops, etc.
- Coordination of resources across all levels of the client institution– e.g. Senior Leaders, Physicians, Nurses, Front Line Clinicians, Administrators
- Develop progress reports, and provide regular updates to client and Mass General
- Works collaboratively with Client Executive, Director counterpart, and others based to Mass General to ensure alignment of and tracking towards meeting project goals
- Assists in aligning with advisory services infrastructure and protocols: time tracking, revenue tracking, templates, project management onboarding process, document storage
- Directly manage the client’s deliverables for the Statement of Work(s) tied to the Collaboration Agreement
- Manages day-to-day project operations associated with advising a healthcare partner on opening hospitals and/or clinical service lines
- Manage meeting schedules required to execute work – e.g. internal meetings, routine client and project meetings, etc.
- Independent Judgment – Must remain flexible and be able to adapt easily to changing demands and needs. Must demonstrate exceptional problem-solving skills, sound decision-making skills, well-developed analytical ability and know when to escalate issues when necessary. Ability to appropriately handle sensitive/confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Leadership – Outstanding leadership abilities including the ability to plan, problem solve, develop goals and objectives, establish priorities, collaborate with others, influence stakeholders and foster teamwork. Ability to build and gain consensus, as well as a track record in conflict management and resolution.
- Interpersonal/Communication Skills – Strong interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills in order to relate appropriately and effectively to diverse audiences at all levels of an organization. Carry out position with a high degree of customer service, positive attitude, and teamwork, focusing on client management. Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to create and deliver written and oral presentations. Must be an experienced public presenter who can impressively represent Mass General at industry events, conferences, and effectively describe value proposition to client.
- Organizational Ability/ Project Management Skills – Ability to work independently, i.e. plan, organize, delegate and meet established deadlines. Ability to work flexibly with several individuals/teams/projects simultaneously and to prioritize work under time pressure. Follow-through and exceptional attention to detail on all project tasks is essential. Well-versed with project management tools and principles, including Gantt charts, effective meeting management, clear minutes and follow-up.
Qualification & Experience:
- 2+ years of direct project management experience required
- 7+ years of progressive experience in health care management, with strong focus on operations, strategy, consulting and/or international program development preferred
- Fluency in Mandarin and English is required; ability to offer interpretation support as needed
- Willingness and ability to travel both internationally and domestically on a routine basis (primarily between Boston and China)
- Master’s Degree or MBA required
Company: Massachusetts General Hospital
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Boston, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A