You will focus on the launch and implementation of a new Lifestyle Brand design through successful project deliveries within these respective Lifestyle Brand portfolios. You will support the GDS Lifestyle Team colleagues, collaborate with Architecture & Construction, Brand, Operations, Food & Beverage, Fitness / Wellness, MEP, IT, and Development teams as well as outside consultants for Hilton’s new Lifestyle Brand initiative. You will lead the execution of the brand vision in due diligence, new development, and Acquisition / PIP / conversion efforts while building new and maintaining current GDS Design Initiatives, Brand Narratives and Design & Construction Standards. You will be responsible for the North American Region (USA & Canada) Lifestyle Brand projects which are critical for Design, Brand, Operations and Technical assessments to achieve GDS approvals for projects.
- Drive our new Lifestyle Brand development and alignment; including program, budget, planning and design due diligence initiatives, providing mentorship to our key partners.
- Encourage collaborative work sessions, both in-person and electronic, to cultivate positive team member relationships. Project evaluations and recommendations shall optimize the quality of the guests’ experience and overall performance of the property. Projects will encompass due diligence efforts with site and desktop evaluations for conversions, renovations and new construction projects.
- Collaboratively evaluate and make recommendations for improvements to GDS effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Assist with the development of the design website in coordination with the external webhost company, including the evaluation of functionality, effectiveness and user-friendly interface. Help develop content materials and tools for ongoing site improvement.
- Drive the evolution and maintenance of the Lifestyle Brand Design Narratives, Design & Construction “”D&C”” Standards, Key Brand Attributes, brand specific design initiatives, communication tools, and eventually Operations CAPEX planning initiative and all respective Lifestyle CAPEX projects, etc.
- Receive digital and hard copy submittals and execute the process of accurate log maintenance, design review, safe record storage on or off site and potential return to owners and design consultants.
- Track active projects to ensure we are ahead of the curve, monitoring the progress of various special projects. Included are certain administrative functions such as copying, filing, scheduling conference calls, preparing meeting minutes, preparing design review responses, and scheduling design meetings.
- Assist in the communications and follow-up to resolve outstanding issues.
- Presentation Support; assist with presentation preparations to senior executives and outside constituencies.
- Professional Attributes; strong desire for collaborative team culture to thrive within.
- Ability to successfully communicate in both oral and written forms and graphically by developing diagrams and documenting reviews (e.g. Bluebeam, loose hand sketches, etc.)
- Forward-thinking, interpersonal communicators and networkers who will positively influence Hilton’s partners to communicate effectively at all levels and who can share relevant information in a clear, professional and concise manner
- Collaborative and organized teammate who can build positive relationships and trust with direct reports and the greater team
- Effectively handle conflict resolutions and handle all disputes in a swift and efficient manner
- Strong project management, organizational, communication and collaborative skills, including the ability to handle details through to completion, ensure project objectives are met and projects are successfully delivered in a Lifestyle commensurate, quality manner
- Creative thinkers, who strive to gain the latest knowledge of hospitality industry trends, especially in relation to discovering innovative or groundbreaking designs
- Outstanding leadership skills to implement project goals, effectively lead a team and adapt to change
Qualification & Experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Architecture, or Interior Design
- Fifteen (15) years of experience working in the Hospitality Design Industry, and within the Focused Service / Lifestyle sector; experience would ideally include hotel, corporate and/or owner positions
- Experience working with Sketch-up, AutoCAD or other 3D visualization software
- Current Licensed Architect
- Current Registered Interior Designer
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: McLean, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A