The Design Director works under the Global Creative Director to ideate, design, and produce advertising and communication materials for various campaigns –seasonal; brand; special collections. Media used for campaigns include OOH, print and digital and broadcast touchpoints. Creative for these campaigns is also developed and prepared for in-store visual presentations.
- Directs and oversees a team of designers and copywriters across multiple disciplines: illustrators, graphic designers and 3D artists.
- Drives quality and consistency in all our work. Creative judgement is critical.
- Monitors the vendor bid/proposal and production processes to ensure organizational and budgetary goals are met
- Participates in presentation meetings and weekly production meetings.
- Guides process and provides conceptual structure as campaign directions are developed.
- Think strategically and connect design thinking back to specific business-use cases.
- Manages design calendar, milestone achievement, and ensures all design team members execute within designated time periods.
- Is a leader and decision-maker on-set during production.
- Keeps Global Creative Director informed on all project developments.
- Responsible for post-creative production follow through all the way to final delivery
- Deliver world-class creative ideas executed flawlessly.
- Manage the creation and execution of all visual concepts/ presentations that clearly articulate creative direction and communication strategy from concept to launch.
- Oversee creative and maintain consistency for the UNIQLO brand across many touchpoints.
- Maintains proper administrative controls to ensure all deadlines/release dates are met
- Is a strong presenter of the creative at key meetings, both internal/external-facing.
- Represents UNIQLO’s brand and mission both in and outside of the company.
- Has ability to storyboard or translate ideas to designers and others, influencing external and internal stakeholders.
- Passion for, and history of, growing various levels of designers, providing positive and constructive feedback
- Experience working in bi-cultural environments with international business offices.
- Is a role model and proven leader who others want to work with.
- Able to bring a systemic point of view to problem solving, yet knows how to isolate specific design issues and opportunities.
- Self-motivated and able to lead design projects from concept to completion.
- Able to create clarity of direction and action for designers.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally regularly for photo shoots, meetings, etc.
- Able to collaboratively work alongside strategy and marketing counterparts to provide state-of-the-art solutions that meet key business opportunities and problems.
- Willing and able to roll up sleeves and contribute wherever needed.
Qualification & Experience:
- Strong calendar management skills and ability to lead teams with achieving milestones.
- Knowledge of photography, filmmaking/motion and a deep appreciation of fashion trends and aesthetics.
- BA in Graphic Design or related field.
- Experience using: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Keynote, and multi-media programs as needed.
- Strong sense of type, layout and design fundamentals.
- Deep understanding of product creation process from implementation to execution.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- 12-15 years of print and digital design experience, preferably in-house or at a creative agency.
- 7-10 years’ experience in art direction.
- Excellent multi-tasking abilities and problem solving.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Greater New York City Area
Application Deadline: N/A