This position mostly occupies the general office environment with up to 30% of the time spent at construction job sites.
Office activities require normal sitting, standing, and walking. Construction job site activities will require standing,
occasional strenuous walking, occasional climbing of ladders, and exposure to normal hazard construction conditions.
Occasional exposure to weather elements is likely during visits to construction job sites. Travel to and from project sites is
generally via automobile and airplane transportation. Total travel could be as much as 60%
Description – External
- Assist in management and innovative development of facility prototypes/standards and the USF Design and Construction Optimization Program
- Support development and maintenance of design and construction procurement methods and the program/project management tool box
- Contribute to the development of departmental processes and tools
- Support development of annual capital building project plans
- Strive to maintain a high level of trust in the USF Design and Construction program with senior management and various project stakeholders Project Level
- Lead development of feasibility studies, goals, scope, budget, schedule, and quality parameters for each assigned project
- Partner with senior leadership to identify and develop the internal project team and associated responsibilities
- Recommend a methodology for executing the design and construction of the project, i.e., design/ build, design/bid/build, national provider program
- Lead scope clarification and development with internal stakeholders to define project parameters
- Identify and hire outside consultants and contractors to execute project
- Coordinate site planning and approval process activities with internal resources, external consultants and governmental entities
- Coordinate design activities with internal stakeholders and selected design professionals and contractors
- Perform on-going design reviews, subcontractor bid oversight, change order reviews, schedule and budget performance reviews, budget forecasts, cashflow projections, and construction quality checks
- Manage consultant and contractor payment request process
- Manage construction punch and closeout activities
- Conduct post project analysis of design quality, construction execution, and project team effectiveness Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare or contribute to project reports for senior management
- Work with other USF departments on cross-functional initiatives
- Perform other design and construction related duties as needed
- Engage in industry benchmarking and evaluation of future innovative building practices
- Strong analytical and financial acumen skills: Able to gather data using appropriate methodologies and analyze that data in a manner that valid conclusions and insights can be drawn that assist in making important business decisions.
- Effective communication skills: Able to clearly present information through spoken or written word; reads and interprets complex information; listens well.
- Demonstrates leadership skills: Able to assume a role of authority, as necessary, sets expectations for co-workers and outside stakeholders, consultants, and contractors; keeps project team members focused on overall project goals; delegates responsibility and empowers associates and team members to make decisions and take accountability for decisions.
- Aesthetic Sensitivity: Able and comfortable with making aesthetic judgements related to architectural design, landscape design, and branding integration.
- Attention to detail: Able to perform work and job function with appropriate accuracy; carefully monitors processes and project activities to recommend and initiate changes that will improve results.
- Quality Orientation – Work with understanding and passion for quality outcomes.
- Strategic thinking: Willing to see beyond the normal project management routine by researching and embracing new technologies that advance departmental and USF organizational goals.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in architecture, civil engineering, construction management, or project management
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in architecture design, construction management, or project management in industrial/distribution centers. Office project experience is a strong plus. Retail experience is a plus.
Company: US Foods
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rosemont, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A