Website Delta Diablo
Under general supervision, performs routine as well as a variety of complex and technical financial accounting duties requiring a thorough knowledge of general accounting principles, functions, procedures and systems. Also performs Federal, State, public record, health care compliance reporting duties related to the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Provides technical and analytical accounting support related to accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger, parcel, project accounting, fixed assets, annual audit and other related accounting duties as assigned.
- Review benefits and manage related deductions and process monthly, quarterly, and annual benefits reconciliations.
- Enter and update statistical, financial and employee data including direct deposit, tax withholding and wage garnishments; and generate spreadsheets and reports as required for auditing and reconciliation purposes.
- Track and maintain payroll and related records recording the accumulation and use of vacations, holidays, sick days, and miscellaneous leaves of absence.
- Reconcile deferred compensation reports, prepare timely quarterly payroll tax reports, including annual W-2 processing, calendar and fiscal year-end payroll reports and prepare, reconciles related payroll journal entries.
- Monitor compliance with appropriate payroll/healthcare laws and regulations; keep informed of industry trends and new developments.
- Respond to payroll related inquiries from employees and others.
- Maintain payroll deductions and transmittal of payroll related payments and schedules.
- Perform all activities necessary to process bi-weekly payroll, including audit and input timesheets, maintain related records, file tax and voluntary deduction reports, process involuntary deductions such as levies and garnishments, prepare accounting transactions and documents, and prepare special reports for management.
- Generate and submit compliance reporting data and employee notifications as required under the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and other health care compliance regulations.
- Maintain confidential files, document and update procedures as required.
- Strong attention to details, good time management skills with the ability to set priorities and multi-task
- Generally accepted accounting principles, functions, procedures, best practices and intergrated fund accounting software systems
- Audit schedules
- Knowledge of employee benefit programs and eligibility requirements, specifically group healthcare plans
- Accounting entries used to post receipts and expenditures to fund accounting records
- Knowledge of California law and other states for payroll issues
- Working knowledge of payroll and federal and state payroll and ACA health care regulations
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proper accounting terminology and posting methods
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel (intermediate to advance level skills)
- Understanding of federal and state employment laws and applicable regulations related to ACA
Qualification & Experience:
- An Associate’s degree (or equivalent work experience, training and education) with major coursework in finance, accounting, business administration, or a closely related field from an accredited college or university; Bachelor’s degree highly desirable and
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in performing accounting and financial record keeping experience.
- Payroll and benefits background and experience highly desirable. Public agency finance and accounting experience and advanced knowledge of enterprise and/or integrated financial recordkeeping software systems highly desirable.
Company: Delta Diablo
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fresno, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A