Supervises activities of regular associates and temporary workers. Assesses production schedules and labor-hour requirements for completion of job assignments. Adheres to company policies and procedures to ensure compliance. Enforces safety regulations. Evaluates and assesses production methods, performances and efficiency for improvements and/or changes. Prepares and administers associate performance evaluations. Determines time and production standards and maintains records. Must have a “can-do”, “make-it-happen” attitude. This is demonstrated by displaying the ability to use perseverance and initiative in order to ensure top performance, quality and service to our stores. Responsible for developing and maintaining an open, engaging labor relations environment which remains issue free.
- Responsible for creating an effective team culture which recognizes individual and team performance, while maintaining an issue free environment in a demanding work environment.
- Manage hourly team to ensure timely and accurate processing and distribution of merchandise to stores
- Assist with the coordination of associate training/meetings for subjects such as safety, human resources, new process orientation, and other subjects as conditions necessitate.
- By effectively using the MAP (Managing Associate Performance) process, train, assess, motivate, coach, and evaluate associates in all areas of job duties using established methods and standards.
- Responsible for accuracy/quality of work for all assigned regular & temp associates.
- Organize and prioritize daily work orders and staffing needs to meet production goals.
- Conduct daily huddle meetings to communicate important daily events & priorities.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with other Area Supervisors, DC Operations Management, and all support departments.
- Enforce policies/procedures and safety regulations, providing appropriate constructive & positive consequences to team for managing safe working behaviors.
- Ensure rapid, accurate movement and processing of merchandise using established engineered methods and standards.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
- Consistent timeliness and regular attendance. Job requires ability to work in a warehouse environment, primarily on a concrete floor. The job also requires sitting, standing, walking, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
- Assist merchandise processors with paperwork, ticketing problems and troubleshooting orders.
- Occasional Requirements: Job requires bending, kneeling, reaching, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Provide updates to DC Merchandise Manager on production planning information and needs/problems of the area.
- Miscellaneous functions and responsibilities:
- Work on special projects as needed.
- Attend and help plan any special events planned for his/her team.
Qualification & Experience:
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rock Hill, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A