The digital assets database engineer is tasked with ensuring high levels of data quality and asset availability for all Starbucks employees and collaborators. This individual is responsible for enforcing data and naming standards, working with various departments to assign metadata values, ensuring that data definitions are consistent and meet quality standards, and monitoring / auditing metadata quality. The Asset Manager will partner with Legal to ensure that contract restrictions and usage rights are accurately managed in the system. (S)he will focus on the business benefits of DAM, foster the goal of re-use, and articulate the strategic significance of information to the organization.
- Uphold and evangelize governance policies and procedures to ensure standardized data naming, establishing consistent data definitions, and monitor overall quality of content
- Partner with various cross-functional teams to ensure compliance and completion of metadata
- Identify and manage the resolution of data quality issues, such as uniqueness, integrity, accuracy, consistency, and completeness
- Assist the support team in administrative tasks such as end user support, system maintenance and upgrades, create and maintain database documentation, and database lifecycle management.
- Create, maintain and report KPIs,
- Work with the vendor and collaborate with other technical teams to learn how to use the system, updating and creating training materials and training staff on the functionality of the new DAM.
- Ability to use knowledge, sound judgment, and resourcefulness to support the design and deployment of global technology solutions building on foundational skills to automate manual processes and growing technical acumen in role
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Demonstrates early in career leadership skills to help junior staff excel in role
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous digital asset manager experience with enterprise DAM systems.
- Librarian or taxonomy background with emphasis in metadata evolution and governance
- 4-6+ years of relevant experience
- Growing Knowledge of database engineering and administration.
- Ideal candidate would have education and/or equivalent experience in a prior Database Admin position
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seattle, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A