Jet Propulsion Laboratory
This exciting opportunity focuses on leading and supporting a team of IT infrastructure professionals across database administration, middle-ware technologies and platforms, business systems, and tools and technologies that support and operate JPL’s business expansive application portfolio.
- Candidates will be self-starters who possess a strong desire for leading and developing people, collaborate with IT teams and partners, provides clarity in the face of ambiguity, and champions change. Candidates must exhibit JPL values of integrity, embrace innovation, build and operate an environment of openness and inclusion, and ensure quality in all that we do.
- You will assesses system data and error logs, along with system reports, to determine areas for improvement or repair.
- You will partner with peer IT managers and extended IT functions at JPL. The selected manager will closely partner with the EBIS
- Architecture/Capabilities/Technology (ACT) manager to implement groundbreaking cloud native architecture components and modern patterns such as Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment.
- You and your team will champion a DevOps culture, by deeply embedding with our collaborative agile teams, ensuring a smooth transition into production. Partnering with other IT infrastructure and specialist IT teams to provide seamless, flexible, and modern IT infrastructures services both in JPL’s data centers and in the cloud that enable the delivery of customer-facing business applications and related IT services.
- You will provide mentorship, guidance, and leadership to the division and to your team, and also directly handle partner concerns, resolve issues, and monitor the performance of business-critical systems to prevent delays and outages and quickly resolve ongoing issues. In partnership with other IT managers and teams, responsibilities include monitoring and servicing JPL’s business IT services including servers, networks, computer systems, and applications for irregularities and performance issues.
- Exhibits soft skills and technical skills
- Infrastructure monitoring experience such as Splunk, Prometheus, Grafana, or the ELK stack.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely and effectively in a team-based environment
- On premise or cloud ERP, such as Oracle E-BS, Oracle ERP Cloud, Workday, etc.
- Software system and IT infrastructure engineering
- Technologies and platforms, such as solaris, linux, kubernetes, relational database management systems, etc.
- Cloud architecture including private and public, such as Amazon Web Services, Oracle Cloud, Azure, etc.
- Has knowledge in architecting and operating IT infrastructure services for software products with significant expertise in the lower levels of the
- IT stack, from bare metal to middle ware
- Software application development and implementation
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in a corporate environment working within a midsize IT organization
- Experience should include:
- Experience with system automation and automated provisioning using such technologies as Terraform, Ansible, Chef or Puppet.
Company: Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A