Ameren Services provides administrative support and services to Ameren Corporation and its operating companies, subsidiaries and affiliates. Nearly 1,400 employees serve the company with business planning, communications, diversity, financial support, human resources, information technology, legal counsel, and safety and supply services. The Cybersecurity intern or co-op works in the Digital IT organization and is responsible for helping execute Cybersecurity functions on behalf of Ameren including Cybersecurity Architecture, Engagement, Situational Awareness, Operations, Threat Hunting, Vulnerability Management, Incident Response, Forensics, and Governance.
- Assist in the development and assessment of controls to meet requirements established within frameworks to address risks identified during the risk assessment
- Assist evidence reviews to provide a second line of defense to maintain a high posture of security
- Assists in securing Ameren systems by supporting policies, processes, and technologies to reduce overall risk to Ameren’s assets
- Assist with technical documentation for problems, procedures, policies as needed for support of Corporate Cyber Security Program
- Provide user training in basic security methodologies towards security requests and IT policies
- Assist in executing technical cybersecurity tasks
- Assist engagement and outreach to communities, law enforcement, and industry groups in support of advancing security initiatives
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate clearly
- Have the ability to perform multiple tasks within given time constraints with little to no oversight.
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Have basic knowledge of cyber security concepts, computer systems and network infrastructure.
- Demonstrate creative problem solving and proactive learning, with good analytical, management, communication, and human relations skills.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Qualification & Experience:
- Current student status pursuing an Associates, Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university required. Completed Cyber Security classes preferred. Must have a minimum of 2.5 GPA but, 3.0 GPA is preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St. Louis, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A