The role is critical to connecting employees to the LEGO Idea and our core mission– inspiring and developing the builders of tomorrow. Children in local communities around the world have a right to quality learning through play experiences and it is our responsibility to make the magic happen and bring our colleagues on the journey with us. Americas Local Community Engagement The individual will help the team make a step change in our already fantastic Americas Local Community Engagement program so that we can triple our reach in three years – beginning in the USA and then fast-growing to reach Central and South America.
- Reactively respond to requests for local in-kind and cash giving (in meaningful cities) and proactively engage stores to engage in local giving as aligned with plan.
- Partner close with teams across the business including GPA, Comms, marketing, PR, finance and more to improve alliances and achieve true triple shared value – community/children, employees and business.
- Develop, plan and execute innovative national and regional community programme that aims to engage children and LEGO Collaborators in Learning through Play, expand the footprint of global signature programmes such as Build the Change and ReCode and inject even more learning through play into LEGO Retail stores.
- Partner closely with LBR Operations and other key partners to ensure full internal alignment and on board and train leadership, regional managers and trainers to deliver.
- Provide timely, accurate reporting on budget, employees engaged and children and handle administration of programs including risk check.
- Galvanize employees across LEGO to increase their awareness, proficiency and engagement in community projects.
- Expand current and develop new partnerships with charitable entities in important geographies to execute plan within budget and timeline, in partnership with LCE USA Manager and Global Director.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills. Able to deliver engaging, impactful presentations to large groups of executives as well as children. Able to write pithy press releases, exciting internal comms articles and compelling emails.
- Communications/PR experience
- Flexible, resilient and entrepreneurial
- Prefer experience working in retail organization or environment
- Travel 10-20 days/year
- Passion for children, play, education and people
Qualification & Experience:
- Large project management and complex budget experience
- Bachelor´s degree
- Proactive and proven ability to use an outside in perspective – crafting programmes and strategies based on high level objectives.
- Outstanding Partners management skills and ability to work with senior leadership through to four year olds
- More than 5 years direct experience in one or more of the following community relations, employee engagement and/or CSR
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Enfield, CT, US
Application Deadline: N/A