Website City of Long Beach
The City of Long Beach, Department of Health and Human Services is recruiting for an unclassified, part-time Maintenance Assistant I (Non-Career). Reporting to a Building Services Supervisor, this position will provide a variety of routine maintenance and custodial duties for Health and Human Services Department facilities. This position will be located at one of the Department’s facilities located throughout the City of Long Beach.
- Replaces light bulbs and lamps;
- Fills and maintains water coolers;
- Cleans, mops, and waxes floor coverings and walkways;
- Washes windows;
- Cleans, dusts, and polishes woodwork, walls, partitions, equipment, and furniture;
- Vacuums, cleans and shampoos carpets;
- Disposes waste and cleans waste receptacles;
- Cleans restroom fixtures and replenishes restroom supplies;
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Reports hazardous conditions and needed repairs; and,
- Willingness and ability to work evenings, nights, weekends, holidays, on-call, and during emergencies as required.
- Professional experience performing custodial duties.
- Ability to lift and move heavy objects up to 50 pounds (subject to medical exam by Occupational Health Officer).
- Working knowledge of Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Working knowledge of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and their protocol and usage.
- Valid motor vehicle operator license (required to obtain a California motor vehicle operator license with 6 months of employment if license is out of state. DMV K4 driver history report required during onboarding).
Qualification & Experience:
- Professional experience performing maintenance duties.
Company: City of Long Beach
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Oakland, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A