Website City of Long Beach
The Office of Cannabis Oversight (OCO) leads the citywide efforts to license, regulate and enforce commercial cannabis activity in the City of Long Beach (City). The role of the OCO is to coordinate the implementation of the City’s cannabis laws and regulations to protect the health, safety, and welfare of residents, businesses, and employees in Long Beach.
- Track the City’s cannabis program budget, including projecting tax revenues and monitoring expenditures.
- Research best practices in cannabis regulations utilized by other cities.
- Coordinate with GO-Biz on equity grant implementation, tracking, and reporting.
- Work in a supervisory capacity with other OCO staff.
- Manage multiple, high-level cannabis initiatives and special projects.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Oversee the cannabis equity grant and fee waiver program, including payment processing, accounting, reporting, and budgeting.
- Coordinate with State and County agencies on cannabis program laws and implementation.
- Develop reports for the City Council on new cannabis policies and initiatives.
- [Coordinate citywide cannabis program implementation and cannabis data collection efforts.
- Track cannabis laws at the state and local levels.
- Ability to work independently and exercise strong judgment in carrying out responsibilities.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to translate analysis into recommendations.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint – Microsoft Teams and Power BI is a plus!
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to interact, work, and communicate with different units of an organization.
- Willingness to continually learn, grow, and improve.
- Ability to manage multiple, high-priority projects with competing deadlines.
- Ability to handle confidential issues in a professional manner.
- Ability to effectively interface with elected officials, City staff, and the public.
Qualification & Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Public or Business Administration or closely related field; and two years of relevant work experience in policy analysis, government administration, law, or business operations.
Company: City of Long Beach
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: General Business
Job Location: Oakland, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A