Website City of Long Beach
Per the IAM Mou 2019-2023, any School Guard that has accumulated four years of total City service (equivalent to over 8,350 hours) shall be placed on P Step 28 (equal to $14.23).
- Under minimal supervision, guides children and adults safely across city streets at assigned intersections; employs good judgment in determining timing of crossings; guides children across in groups, with minimal interruption to flow of traffic; ensures precautions such as removal of skates, carrying of skateboards and walking of bicycles before entering the crosswalks; cautions and guides pedestrians by oral instruction, hand direction or signs; and performs other related duties as required.
- Work in all types of weather;
- Tactfully deal and communicate effectively with the public, especially children;
- Work split shifts;
- Work anytime during the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.;
- Be willing and able to work in a substitute-relief capacity for any one of the School Guard stations located throughout the City;
- Pass a hearing and vision test;
- Wear a department issued regulation uniform at all times when working.
- Have a dependable automobile available for work;
- Have dependable transportation to be able to report to any School Guard station within one half-hour of notification;
- Be available by telephone to receive calls for daily assignment prior to the start of shift;
- Stand and walk for 2 ½ – 3 hours per shift;
- Repeatedly step up and down curbs;
Qualification & Experience:
Company: City of Long Beach
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: San Jose, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A