Website City of Long Beach
Accepting online applications only. Apply online 24 hours a day, beginning February 22, 2019. Filing will remain open until vacancies are filled. Filing may close without further notice.
- Patrols an assigned area by car, foot, or motorcycle to maintain law and order; regulates traffic; responds to radio and telephone dispatches; investigates unusual or suspicious conditions, traffic accidents and complaints; makes arrests, guards prisoners and questions suspects; issues citations and serves subpoenas and warrants; investigates or assists in investigating vice conditions, crimes reported or persons arrested; prepares evidence and appears in court; administers first aid and renders assistance to the injured; reports unsafe or hazardous conditions; prepares log of activities and keeps records; may act as radio dispatcher or jailer; assists in administrative and operational activities; and performs other related duties as required.
- California Applicants: Currently employed full-time for at least one continuous year in the State of California as a Peace Officer, as defined by California Penal Code Sections 830, 830.1, and 830.2 and possession of a valid Basic POST Certificate issued by the State of California (proof required)
- Out of State Applicants: Currently employed full-time for at least one continuous year of sworn general law enforcement experience and possession of the Basic Course Waiver (BCW) from the California Commission on Peace Officers Standards and Training (POST) (proof required)
- Ability to make sound decisions; read, comprehend and retain technical training materials; endure periods of strenuous physical activity requiring good balance, coordination, flexibility, endurance and strength.
- Ability to be compassionate, culturally sensitive, and non-discriminatory to a diverse population.
- No felony convictions.
- Citizenship must be granted within three years of appointment.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Twenty-one years of age or older.
- Possess good leadership and public service qualities.
- U.S. Citizenship or have applied for citizenship.
- Ability to exercise tact using excellent interpersonal skills, solve problems, and demonstrate good mediation skills during highly confrontational situations.
- Possess good observation, writing, communication and human relation skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- U.S. high school graduation or G.E.D. equivalency.
Company: City of Long Beach
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: San Jose, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A