Website City of Long Beach
The City of Long Beach, Department of Health and Human Services is recruiting for a Medical Assistant II in the Physician Services Bureau’s Clinical Services Division. Reporting to a Registered Nurse II in the HIV Care Clinic, this position will assist licensed staff in the reading of diagnostic and therapeutic services necessary for the care and treatment of individuals with HIV infection. In addition, this position will be cross-trained and provide support in the Tuberculosis and Sexual Health Clinics. This position is located at the Main Health Department, 2525 Grand Avenue, Long Beach, CA 90815.
- Follows required safety protocols including handling and disposal of sharps;
- Prepares medical charts;
- Assists with specimen collection and front office clerical back-up;
- Prepares examination rooms, instruments, injections, and supplies;
- Cross-trains with the Tuberculosis and Sexual Health Clinics;
- Compiles and enters HIV statistical/patient data in NextGen;
- Assists health care providers with procedures and exams, patient education, translation of health information, outreach, and linkage services;
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Assists with HIV/STD Counseling and Testing and Partner Counseling and Referral Services as needed; and,
- Orders supplies and maintains inventory, manages medical information, filing, and assists with patient referrals;
- Provides phlebotomy services;
- Willingness and ability to obtain a certification of phlebotomy within 3 months of appointment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and knowledge of California HIPAA regulations.
- Bilingual skills (Khmer, Spanish, and/or Tagalog).
- Proficiency in the use of computers including email, internet, and office productivity software (e.g. Microsoft Word and Excel and electronic health record systems).
- Knowledge of community services in the Long Beach and Los Angeles areas.
- Ability to work independently, exercise sound judgment, be flexible, and manage multiple assignments within a fast-paced working environment.
- Valid Phlebotomy License.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent certification.
- Professional experience working for an HIV/STD program.
- Experience working with diverse groups and populations.
- Valid Medical Assistant Certification.
Company: City of Long Beach
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Science
Job Location: Sacramento, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A