Website City of Long Beach
Vacancy Information: The current vacancy is with the Energy Resources Department.
- Under direction, performs increasingly complex and responsible petroleum geological work pertaining to oil field development, oil and gas production, enhanced recovery methods, and subsidence control; plans, develops, and conducts preliminary and final geologic studies and submits recommendations; determines the sequence, structure and relationship of geological formation as they affect oil field development, oil and gas production, enhanced recovery methods and subsidence control operations; evaluates geologic data, reports, and professional papers; prepares, maintains, and interprets geologic profiles, cross-sections, maps, charts, and graphs; correlates electric logs and cores; keeps records and prepares reports; may supervise, coordinate, plan, assign, train, direct, and evaluate subordinate personnel; May assist in the development of subdivision budget, performs other related duties as required.
- This is not an inclusive list. A complete list of examples of duties is detailed in the Civil Service Commission approved classification for GEOLOGIST I-II.
- A master’s degree in Geology may be substituted for one (1) year of the required experience and a doctoral degree in Geology may be substituted for two (2) years of experience; (proof required) *.
- Current registration as a Professional Geologist in the State of California (proof required) *.
Qualification & Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a degree in Geology or Petroleum Engineering (proof required) *.
- Five (5) years (paid, full-time equivalent) experience of recent petroleum geology and/or oil production fieldwork experience.
Company: City of Long Beach
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Sacramento, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A