Website City of Long Beach
The Energy Resources Department has an immediate opening for a full-time Clerk Typist III (Unclassified) position in the Business Operations Bureau. This position will support the Call Center and Utility Billing operations. This position will report to the department’s Customer Services Officer.
- Processes Low Income Program applications and all relative requirements;
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Assists with creating training manuals;
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies;
- Establishes, develops, and maintains filing systems for records and forms;
- Assists with researching, interpreting, and implementing Call Center and Billing policies and procedures;
- Assists with scheduling and coordinating selection processes;
- Tracks and monitors completion of staff quarterly assessments and yearly appraisals;
- Conducts research for customer service topics, materials and equipment;
- Assists with clerical/administrative duties to support Division s; and,
- Assists with scheduling and organizing meetings, training, and various Call Center and Billing activities;
- Maintains an inventory of office supplies and City equipment;
- Maintains and produces various types of reports and logs;
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of Programs.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to take initiative;
- A valid California Class C Driver License and satisfactory driving record.
- Ability to work effectively with staff and management at all levels of the department;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent writing, proofreading, oral communication, and interpersonal skills;
Qualification & Experience:
- Two years of paid (full-time equivalent) clerical experience;
Company: City of Long Beach
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A