Website City of Long Beach
- The Department of Financial Management has immediate openings for two Administrative Analyst III-Non-Careers (unclassified). These positions are stationed on the 6th floor of City Hall and report to the Projects Officer. They will be integral to the City’s recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic, including recovering funds from FEMA for COVID-19 response and expending the Long Beach Recovery Act (LBRA) funds.
- These Analysts positions are expected to be needed for a two-year duration. The Analysts will interpret and apply complex federal and local regulatory requirements to FEMA documentation and analyzing LBRA programs. Further, the positions will assist departments in designing, implementing, and managing contracts that are essential for carrying out the LBRA programs.
- Regularly review departmental procurement documentation and monitor for compliance with federal and local regulatory requirements.
- Monitor LBRA contract management and review for contract compliance.
- Build relationships and work directly with stakeholders across the City on LBRA program design, implementation, and compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Review and make recommendations on LBRA program design and implementation, procurement methods, and contract design.
- Develop and implement procedures for improving organizational effectiveness.
- Develop and implement comprehensive project tracking tools.
- Assist in preparation of documentation and reporting for FEMA and the Annual Federal Single Audit.
- Long Beach Recovery Act
- Procurement processes and regulations
- Gathering, analyzing, and presenting data
- Contract management
- Exceptional written and oral communication
- Federal grants management and program design
- City’s Equity and Inclusion goals and resources
- Organization and project management
- Program Development
- Financial Operations and systems
Qualification & Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Public or Business Administration, or a closely related field.
- Experience offering specific and substantial preparation for the duties of the position may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
- Two or more years of professional experience as an Assistant Administrative Analyst, or an equivalent position.
- A Master’s Degree in one of the preceding fields may be substituted for one-year of the required experience.
Company: City of Long Beach
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A