Website City of Killeen
To manage airport facilities, real property, service contracts, and maintenance operations for a two-airport aviation system including a joint use commercial aviation airport and a general aviation airport. Ensures all airport facilities, equipment, airfield lighting, pavements, and landscaping are maintained and comply with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Defense (DOD), state, and local standards.
- Performs a variety of senior level management tasks to ensure the safety, security and appearance at both airports.
- Plans, coordinates, and administers the Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan, Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure Plan, Hazardous Material Program and the Safety/Accident Prevention Program.
- Plans, coordinates, and administers policies and procedures for maintenance on all Airport buildings, grounds, major equipment systems, utilities, and vehicles.
- Ensures all maintenance of airfield NAVAIDS, communications systems, lighting, signage, pavements, surface markings, and airfield grounds maintenance are in compliance with all FAA or UFC specifications.
- Ensures compliance with all requirements outlined in the Joint Operations Plan (JOP)
- Troubleshoots complex electrical and mechanical problems and develops solutions
- Develops and implements a preventative maintenance schedule for maintaining all airport pavement surface areas, lighting, buildings, passenger boarding bridges, baggage conveyance system, environmental control equipment and vehicles.
- Schedules all annual inspections (i.e., fire extinguishers and sprinklers, boilers, elevators, escalators, Anchor System (exterior fall protection), and backflows; implements corrective actions if any findings are noted.
- Develops new Intergovernmental Service Agreement (IGSA) packages based on opportunities that arise from Fort Hood. Ensures compliance with standards on active Intergovernmental Service Agreements (IGSA) with Robert Gray Army Airfield (minor pavement maintenance, crack sealing, surface markings, rubber removal)
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing, and, to prepare and analyze complex reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and successful working relationships.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to use tools and equipment as necessary to meet job requirements.
- Ability to effectively supervise staff.
- Knowledge of wide variety of maintenance practices.
- Skill using maintenance software applications and time management techniques.
- Working knowledge of equipment, materials, and supplies used in building, pavement, and
grounds maintenance; knowledge of equipment and supplies used to do minor repairs;
knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions.
- Working knowledge of heating, ventilation, and air condition systems, electrical maintenance,
pavement maintenance, painting, and various small equipment operations.
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Ability to read and comprehend Construction Drawings, Electrical and Mechanical Schematics and contractual documents.
Qualification & Experience:
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in aviation management, business administration, public administration, or a related field; and,
- Five (5) years of facility maintenance experience; Five (5) years management experience, with preference in airfield maintenance or,
Company: City of Killeen
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Waco, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A