Provide operational support for multiple programs within the Express Scripts clinical product portfolio, including but not limited to ScreenRx, Advanced Opioid Management, and several other programs that engage patients, providers, caregivers and clients to promote better health outcomes. In doing so, the Patient Advisor will need to be fluent about the intricacies of each program and be able to document activity in company databases.
- Engage members to educate them about more effective ways to manage cost and to take better advantage of their prescription benefit.
- Responsible for validating potential clinical and/or financial opportunities using scripted questions. Forward all potential clinical opportunities to a pharmacist to address.
- Handle refill requests, launch faxes, and may also leverage digital platforms (emails, texting) to communicate with patients as appropriate.
- Participate on special projects or other duties as assigned.
- Using pharmacy and benefit plan knowledge, will be responsible for managing a broad spectrum of member inquiries related to plan design, order status, specific account information, and other matters in accordance with company standard operating procedures, work instructions, and other established guidelines.
- Work collaboratively with other Clinical Programs employees to ensure that best practices are shared.
- Enters complete and accurate records into the appropriate systems for all contacts.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule based on business needs;
- Ability to learn about pharmacy-related fundamentals, including the correct pronunciation of drug names and general conditions for use;
- Ability to engage and influence members toward developing behaviors that promote better health outcomes; Demonstrate dependability, self-motivation and goal-orientation;
- Ability to positively represent ESI’s vision and values when interacting with customers and members
- Good verbal and written communication skills; Basic math skills;
- Strong attention to detail; Good organizational ability;
- PTCB certification preferred but not required
- General knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Internet with the ability to navigate through multiple computer systems simultaneously
- Ability to work in fast-paced, production environment;
Qualification & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years in a clinical setting, call center, or customer service required. Previous pharmacy experience preferred
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Scranton, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A