The Associate Private Banker will support the local team and their strategic clients with and daily relationship needs related to Private Banking. This person will deliver superior customer service, working closely with Private Banking team and its partners to execute client requests in detailed yet efficient and effective manner. The Associate Private Banker collaborates with the Wealth and Commercial teams to expand and deepen relationships of the Bank through a team approach to meet the relationship needs of clients.
- Support business development efforts including active participation in pre-screen and relationship strategy meetings.
- Assist the local Private Banking team in maintaining and developing client relationships by supporting credit and non-credit services through daily interactions with clients and internal business partners. Seek to become trusted member of the relationship team through regular client contact and relationship building.
- May assist with financial planning analysis such as spreadsheet preparation.
- Proactively work with bankers to maintain asset quality of loan portfolio through processing loan renewals, monitoring financial statements, past dues and insurance information.
- Help monitor deals through the underwriting and closing process. Ensure documentation related to transactions is properly completed.
- Coordinate client meetings. Prepare preliminary client correspondence and customized professional client presentation materials.
- Respond to client inquiries and as appropriate, route requests to the proper department while keeping client and local Private Banking team up to date or assisting in additional requested items to complete task.
- Serve as an internal resource to local Private Banking team as it relates to client lending, credit and deposit requests, reports and servicing.
- Responsible for ensuring all client actions are properly routed through the internal teams and completed as described.
- Seek to actively keep informed of changes to policy and procedure that will impact deposit and credit portfolio.
- Serve as resource for the local team in preparation for credit portfolio review meetings, pre-screen or internal audit.
- Ability to foster and maintain internal and client relationships with high level of competency.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to obtain and maintain state-specific Notary License.
- Formal credit training a plus. If no credit training completed and desires to further advance, will be provided and required to complete training specific to private banking requirements over the next 12-24 months (e.g. RMA courses)
- Able to research deposit, credit and wealth management issues and utilize operations resources to resolve customer issues while keeping client and local Private Banking team informed during process.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Real Estate or Economics preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products with advanced knowledge financial analysis and modeling.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 1 years’ experience in a private/commercial banking or wealth management role, OR in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 5 years’ higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 1 years’ experience in a private/commercial banking or wealth management Client facing roles a plus.
- Demonstrated experience working in a professional team environment, introducing the appropriate partners and suite of investment, trust and banking solutions to high net worth individuals, families and institutions.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A