You will be responsible for effectively managing and growing a portfolio of cash management, lending and investment products and services which increases overall profit contribution to CIBC Private Wealth Management. As a Senior Private Banking Advisor, you will provide exceptional service to Private Banking clients by assisting them with their transactional banking needs and responding to their queries. You also support overall client needs for broader Wealth Advisory services including Investment, Retirement and Estate Planning services.
- Relationship Building – Increase retention and consolidation of CIBC Private Wealth Management clients’ business by understanding the clients and developing strong relationships and action plans to provide appropriate investment, credit, banking solutions and wealth advisory services. Provide consistent service excellence at all client touch points to meet High Net Worth client’s expectations for service delivery and issue resolution.
- Client Service – Review client portfolios and financial needs from a holistic perspective and identify opportunities to broaden the client’s suite of products and services.
- Meet regularly with clients to conduct portfolio reviews and introduce new product and service solutions. Understand wealth generation by small to medium business enterprises and the complexity of monetizing their value.
- Business Development – Through business development activities, acquire new clients who have sophisticated financial needs, are people of influence and/or who require complex global financial solutions. Search for and develop untapped opportunities to promote CIBC Private Wealth Management within the High Net Worth market.
- Develop and maintain high quality, effective relationships with internal and external networks. Contribute to the group’s High Net Worth (HNW) business by building a portfolio of HNW clients whose needs are primarily banking, credit and investment based (i.e. mutual funds, fixed income products, GICs, Imperial Investor Services, PPS, etc.)
- Analysis – Ensure quality of account portfolio by performing risk assessment and in-depth financial analysis on all potential or existing High Net Worth clients on an ongoing basis. Ensure that all recommendations and actions adhere to all Bank risk standards and guidelines. Assess performance through review of Local Level Reporting (LLR) and build target plans to enable achievement of required business objectives and to support execution of annual portfolio plan.
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it’s the right thing to do.
- You can demonstrate experience with concepts of personal financial planning and strong knowledge of all banking, investment and credit products and services and financial services experience (private client, private banking, advisory, brokerage, etc.) You have 3-5 years experience as a Private Banker would be preferred.
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don’t. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.
Qualification & Experience:
- You a certified professional. You have your Canadian Securities Course (CSC), Professional Financial Planning Course, Conduct & Practices Handbook (CPH) and continuing education to Certified Financial Planners Designation.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: Edmonton, CA
Application Deadline: N/A