You will provide administrative support to the Investment Counselor (IC) in managing their high value portfolios and maximizing their productivity. As an Investment Associate, you will prepare and distribute documentation and information to clients; maintain client database and ensure contacts are up to date; assist in preparing client presentations, proposals and other marketing materials; assist the assigned IC in resolving client issues and inquiries; take initiative to resolve client issues providing exceptional customer service to high net worth clients; manage new business by ensuring correct and timely investment of assets; assist in following up on client referrals and contacts.
- Administrative Support – Request information and documentation from clients to open accounts. Review incoming mail and telephone calls. Plan and organize activities and required resources to ensure smooth running of office. Manage day-to-day activities of the IC in a manner that maximizes availability and effectiveness. Prepare and distribute documentation and information to clients including marketing materials, servicing packages, and proposals. Keep appointment books/agendas for IC. Order periodicals, journals and other literature for IC. Maintain client files in adherence with audit guidelines and processes.
- Operational Support – Support IC through the Investment Policy cycle from creation to trading implementation. Advise IC of client maturities. Help identify clients whose needs would be best met by a CIBC partner. Maintain and update client contact database. Prepare and complete account closures in a timely manner. Process transactions for clients include wire transactions, cheque deposits/issuances, cash transfers. Implement Investment Policy Statements as per IC’s instructions. Review client portfolios monthly to ensure records are in good order.
- Client Service – Follow up on client and IC requests to ensure proper settlement and delivery. Investigate and resolve inquiries and complaints related to accounts and refer to the IC where appropriate. Develop strong and effective working relationships with clients and third-parties, such as Accountants working with clients.
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it’s the right thing to do.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.
- You can demonstrate knowledge of daily market activities sufficient to provide/explain information to clients. You have a general knowledge of the financial industry.
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don’t. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
Qualification & Experience:
- You have a Degree in business or a related field. Completion of CSC is an asset.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: Winnipeg, CA
Application Deadline: N/A