Caterpillar is a world leader in construction and mining equipment—creating innovative, cutting-edge products and services that help our customers build the world around us. With that level of impact comes the platform to care for the world, we work in. That’s why we lead sustainable green initiatives to preserve the environment, help reduce poverty with the Caterpillar Foundation and stay involved in the communities we help build.
- Position requires excellent human relations, interpersonal, and communications skills. Position also requires highly developed people skills for coaching and leading people. Ability to draw upon and ever-increasing skills in the Caterpillar Leadership competencies – Be Strategic, Focus on the Enterprise, Global Leadership, Lead Change, Hold Self and Others Accountable, Know your Customer, Build Engagement, and Coach for Development.
- Reporting to this position are various levels of engineers, technologists, and support personnel in one or more geographic location.
- The supervision role accounts for up to 100% of this assignment.
- The incumbent needs to coach and facilitate the development of the work group to develop collaborative relationships among themselves, with customers, suppliers, other cross functional groups, and internal customers to ensure goals are achieved. Program/project management skills and organizational skills are critical.
- The incumbent would set strategy at the section level. The section would solve problems for one or more technology, component, product, or process.
- Relocation is available for this position.
- EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Qualification & Experience:
- Typically this position will require an accredited Engineering degree or a closely related technical degree with 13 to 15 years of experience.
- An advanced degree is highly desired. In lieu of an accredited Engineering or Technical degree, this level of a position will generally require at least 15 years of progressive responsibilities, directly related experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A