JOB DUTIES: The Financial Systems Staff Accountant will provide technical expertise and will perform more complex accounting / financial systems work that supports business processes.
- coordination, maintenance, and development of reports / reporting tools to drive efficiency and improvement in the business unit’s financial analysis; the work will primarily be done in Axiom, a SQL-based financial reporting system.
- business unit accounting including consolidation, analysis, and communication of the business unit’s results / explanations; primarily focused on period (fixed) cost analysis.
- coordination of purchased services analysis for the business unit
- estimating various forecast and budget scenarios as needed based on changing business conditions
- presentation and explanation of results to management and communication of results to the corporate office and segment team
- Proven record of strong initiative, leadership, accountability and effective communication skills
- Formal and/or on-the-job training and background in systems support and report development
- Experience working in reporting tools such as Axiom, Tableau, Power BI, and BPC
Qualification & Experience:
- 4-year degree, preferably in accounting. Non-accounting degree requires minimum 18 hours of college level accounting or approved Accounting certification
- 2-4 years of accounting experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Bryan, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A