The Michaels Companies, Inc., is North America’s largest arts and crafts specialty retailer. Together the teams in our stores, distribution and manufacturing centers, and support center work together to help our customers make creativity happen. We offer career growth, benefits packages, retirement plans, tuition reimbursement, and more. Michaels Team Members also enjoy a wide variety of ways to save including discounts at our stores, select fitness and childcare centers, restaurants, hotels, and more.
We are currently recruiting for a Category Administrative Associate located in our Support Center (Global Headquarters) located in Irving, TX.
What will you be doing?
Under the direction of a Category Director or Category Manager, the Category Administrative Associate (CAA) is responsible for providing administrative support for Merchandising and is considered an entry level Buyer role. The CAA works closely with Category Directors/Managers, Associate Category Managers, and the Product Development Team to ensure merchandising and development activities are properly executed.
- Process changes and communicate to the vendor Packaging proofing:
- Add Skus and UPCs to Master sku list for Packaging Proof SKU, UPC and Retails on all Private Brand packaging as proofs are routed
- Runs daily and weekly sales reports by class and department using internal system
- Respond to customer and store requests Schedules and coordinates meetings, conference calls, and other events; reserve meeting space
- Copies and collates needed reports Maintain all seasonal files and manage archives Maintain organize sample room and coordinate for sample sale Assist with duties if associate category manager is out of office
- Complete and expedite paperwork necessary to support buying process
- Setting up new vendors Establish maintain sku data Utilizing systems (PIM, Spedy, MSS) verify input sku setup information
- Ensure quotes run through the Michaels’ process in a timely manner; HTS follow up; DBC follow up as needed.
- Create batch lists of Quote Sheets uploaded into SPEDY for Merchant team PIAB worksheet (HTS information) completed Enter data into Retek Maintain excel assortment plans with sku information Write seasonal purchase orders; final proof – ACM
- Purchase Order processing and tracking through the system
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to work overtime when needed.
- strong in both oral and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and ability to multi task
Qualification & Experience:
- Requires a thorough understanding of MS Office, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Interpersonal skills are essential;
- High school degree or equivalent required
- College degree preferred with studies in merchandising or marketing
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Irving, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A