The Business Development Executive is responsible for creating and sustaining Ameren revenue by engaging the highest level of personnel at large Commercial and Industrial (C&I) customer accounts to communicate Ameren competitive business advantages; facilitate the negotiation of Ameren energy and service agreements; support customer energy and technology solutions; implement proactive community and business development strategies in partnership with local/regional/state development agencies; support service area investment/job creation and public policy implementation; and help foster positive community stewardship on behalf of Ameren’s family of companies.
- Lead joint strategic planning with key account personnel to develop and support mutual performance and financial objectives, customer satisfaction ratings and both short and long term account management milestones.
- Provide technical support and leadership to elected officials and state/local/regional development organizations to enhance market capacity and development resources to compete for business attraction, expansion and retention.
- Implement business-to-business strategies to attract new business location, encourage expansion/reinvestment of existing customers and serve as a channel to identify new opportunities for revenue and growth for Ameren companies.
- Take lead in representing and communicating Ameren business segment and service area competitive business advantages to the marketplace and serve as the portal for business development opportunities and value-added services to commercial and industrial customers.
- Respond to requests for proposals and provide technical support, (including data, energy rate analysis, and infrastructure review), project management coordination and service level agreements with new and expanding businesses seeking investment and growth in the Ameren service territory.
- Originate and support customer centric development strategies and energy technology applications among specific industry sectors that are consistent with the Ameren service area customer base in order to enhance customer service experience.
- Build trust and working relationships with key internal personnel who support business development management and with external allies who must be leveraged to enhance development capacity and business development response.
- Support the preparation of business development prospect RFI responses in collaboration with other Business Development Executives and under the direction of the department director.
- Work under the guidance and mentorship of department director and senior level Business Development Executives.
- Pursue professional education and certification in community/economic development, project management and counselor sales training.
Qualification & Experience:
- Two or more years of professional level experience, preferably in marketing, sales and/or business development activities. Knowledge of economic and community development processes preferred. Proven communication skills (written, oral and digital) to explain complex issues in easy-to-understand manner for diverse audiences. Technical skills with software tools applied to business development processes.
- For all levels, Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required. Master’s degree in business, urban planning, real estate, public administration, finance or marketing preferred. Certifications from recognized industry organizations (i.e. planning, economic development, project management professional, real estate, etc.) preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St. Louis, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A