Capital One is a diversified bank that offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers, business and commercial clients. Capital One is one of the nation’s top 10 banks and has one of the most widely recognized brands in America. Capital One is filled with bright, creative, forward-thinking (people/individuals) who share an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for what they do every day. By bringing together associates with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, Capital One has created a unique and refreshing bank atmosphere of excitement, encouragement and energy.
Every choice we make at Capital One® is guided by our values: Excellence and Do the Right Thing. Our values serve as the cornerstone of our culture and guide how our associates interact with each other and our customers.
The Market Sales Executive (MSE) develops and implements overall strategies that attract new business and expand the acceptance of the bank’s business products. This individual will manage the marketing and sales operations for Business Banking within a region by directing Business Bankers in implementing these strategies. The MSE identifies opportunities to sell additional services and products in the most profitable manner. Criteria is weighted and combined under specific guidelines to determine the level of each particular Business Banking Manager. The criteria are loan volume, deposits, direct contribution, FTEs, direct reports, and total revenues. However, generally a manager at this level oversees business banking relationships with cumulative loan outstandings and deposits of greater than $350MM and more than 1500 accounts for companies with annual sales of up to $10MM. Annual contribution is generally over $7 million.
- Prepares annual performance appraisals on staff in the region, salary recommendations, terminations and staffing.
- Reviews and establishes objectives and procedures, administering policies as they affect the business banking operation within the assigned region.
- Manages the Business Bankers, Administrative Assistants and other clerical personnel within the assigned region.
- Provides ongoing group and individual training for Business Bankers in regard to sales techniques, calling strategies, product knowledge/awareness, presentation skills and SBB practices and procedures.
- Manages Business Banking Officers to effectively meet customer and bank demands. Reviewing and augmenting the activities of business banking officers through direct client contact.
- Maintains a sales culture within the region which is consistent with corporate sales strategies and objectives.
- Formal Credit Analysis training
- 5 years of experience leading a sales team
- Experience with training and development.
- 3 years of commercial lending experience.
- At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Qualification & Experience:
- At least 5 years of experience in Business Banking
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
Company: Capital One
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: McLean, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A