Website Busch Garden
Responsible for directing and coordinating all the activities of General Services including automotive, carpentry, electrical, energy systems, maintenance, rides maintenance and metal shops. Acts as a liaison with other departments to plan and implement short- and long-term department maintenance plans to ensure facilities operate at peak performance. Responsible for anticipating and understanding the impact of new regulatory requirements and ensuring adherence. Works with other parks to identify and implement best practices. Enthusiastically represents SeaWorld by displaying a positive attitude, high level of energy and commitment to quality throughout all aspects of the job.
- Secures resources and develops practices to ensure performance standards across shops and between other departments and contractors are successful.
- Communicates effectively; plans and leads department meetings; ensures all employees of the Rides Maintenance team see and understand the overarching plans and goals of the company.
- Partners with Senior Leadership to develop and achieve key performance metrics.
- Develops and implements strategic safety plans and goals addressing root causes, trends and forecasts to increase safety of Plant Engineering department and ensure safety of park guests.
- Coordinates with manufacturers, regulatory agencies and other departments and stakeholders.
- Ensures adequate staffing; hires and terminates as needed; partners with Human Resources to develop appropriate organizational structure.
- Listens and responds to employee concerns; positively resolves workplace issues.
- Formulates and oversees the execution of plans related to plant engineering and maintenance projects and standard operational working practices.
- Ensures ride compliance.
- Able le to demonstrate business acumen and decision-making.
- Have a valid California driver’s license
- AIMS or NAARSO certification preferred.
- At least 5 years supervising or managing a work group to include assigning and evaluating work, performance feedback, training and development, and financial responsibility of an area or division.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Able to successfully lead a positive team environment.
- Able to effectively motivate a diverse work force to task completion.
- At least 7 years progressive experience in Rides Maintenance, Facility Maintenance, or related field.
- Have strong leadership skills and able to resolve issues.
- Able to present to large groups of people.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Outlook, Excel, Word).
Qualification & Experience:
- Able to work around moving mechanical parts and in confined spaces.
- Proficiency in job related systems such as Parkware, SAP and TMM preferred.
- Able to positively interact with guests and co-workers of all ages, different ethnic/cultural backgrounds and/or language, and individuals with special needs.
- Able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Able to assemble and evaluate bid packages for maintenance work.
- Have strong interpersonal skills to include team building, influence, inspiration and negotiation.
- Able to prepare scope of works, and to read schematic designs and construction documents.
- Have proficient knowledge of the English language with excellent verbal and written communication.
- Able to frequently stand, walk, sit and see.
- Mathematical skills such as financial calculations, algebra, conversions, and estimating.
- Able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
- Able to respond effectively to inquiries or complaints from employees, customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the community.
- Able to work outside in all weather conditions such as wet, humid and direct sunlight.
- Able to work varying shifts/hours based on business need, to include early morning, late evening, weekends, and holidays.
- Able to use hands to feel, reach, push or pull with hands and arms.
- Able to travel as needed.
- Have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
Company: Busch Garden
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A