Delivers exceptional service to BMO customers and prospects. Identifies customer needs and provides advice and guidance regarding financial solutions that are in the best interests of customers. Works collaboratively within the branch and through various channels with BMO partners to deliver the desired customer experience and achieve overall business objectives.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business / group strategy.
- Contributes to growing loyalty by creating great customer experiences grounded in an understanding of the personal and small business banking needs of the customer.
- Supports customer transactions needs based on customer traffic.
- Supports the growth in new business by developing personal and small business solutions tailored to unique / specific customer segments.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Engages customers to grow BMO’s business by reaching out, generating appointments, and building new relationships within the community.
- Works with partners to proactively identify small business clients that are personal banking prospects.
- Develops and implements an annual business development plan to maximize referrals / opportunities through proactive outreach to branch-managed small business clients, personal prospects from business banking, and other selected personal customers.
- Offers clients advice and guidance on available digital and self-serve options with the goal of making banking easy, simple, and fast.
- Builds and manages a network of internal and external referral sources to grow BMO’s business and make referrals to BMO partners.
- Engages customers to complete needs assessments that identify financial solutions and preferred banking channels while recommending tailored solutions addressing both sales and service needs (e.g. everyday banking, retail investments, lending solutions, home financing (including business-for-self applications)), and small business solutions).
- Acts as a role model for colleagues and supports branch leadership activities.
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build rapport and proactively establish personal connections.
- Verbal & written communication skills – In-depth.
- A focus on results, relationship management and the ability to thrive in a consultative sales and team based environment.
- Registration to sell investment products completed – as appropriate for the jurisdiction.
- Passionate commitment and professionalism to helping our customers with the drive to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Confident and experienced in the use of social media, tablets, smart phones, online tools, and applications.
- Specialized knowledge from education and/or business experience.
- Readiness to collaborate and work in different capacities as part of a team.
- An aptitude for listening, problem solving, and responding flexibly and creatively to new challenges.
- Collaboration & team skills – In-depth.
- In-depth knowledge of personal and small business customer needs and solutions, including solid working knowledge of financial analysis, including cash flow cycle and available cash management products/services.
Qualification & Experience:
- Typically between 3 – 5 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experienced in managing complex personal and small business lending applications/solutions and systems.
- Previous experience in financial services required.
- Appropriate lending qualifications and designations.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: Madison, WI
Application Deadline: N/A