Delivers exceptional service to BMO customers and prospects. Identifies customer needs and provides advice and guidance regarding financial solutions that are in the best interests of customers. Works collaboratively within the branch and through various channels with BMO partners to deliver the desired customer experience and achieve overall business objectives.
- Addresses questions and resolves issues raised through consumer credit audits and quality checks to ensure accurate data entry and lending application recommendations in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and lending policies and processes.
- Supports customer transactions needs based on customer traffic.
- Takes a lead in proactively engaging with existing customers and prospects by providing needs-based assessments to grow loyalty and identify immediate / future opportunities.
- Probes to understand customer personal banking and credit card needs and integrates marketing promotions and programs into customer conversations to provide strategic advice.
- Organizes work information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Applies the risk management framework to the portfolio to protect the Bank’s assets and maintain the quality of the lending portfolio in compliance with requirements for the lending process and established yield, quality, diversification, and risk guidelines.
- Offers clients advice and guidance on available digital and self-serve options with the goal of making banking easy, simple, and fast.
- Makes credit recommendations for personal lending transactions, including home financing, in accordance with sound credit granting principles and with the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Engages customers to complete needs assessments that identify financial solutions and preferred banking channels while recommending tailored solutions addressing both sales and service needs (e.g. everyday banking, retail investments, lending solutions, home financing (including business-for-self applications)), and small business solutions).
- Engages customers to grow BMO’s business by reaching out, generating appointments, and building new relationships within the community.
- Acts as a key member of a collaborative and versatile branch and market team.
- Takes the initiative to find creative approaches that make each customer’s experience feel personal.
- Passionate commitment to helping our customers.
- Working knowledge of retail investments and lending products.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build rapport and connections with customers.
- An aptitude for listening, solving problems, and responding flexibly and creatively to new challenges.
- Drive to deliver a personal customer experience.
- Registration to sell investment products completed – as appropriate for the jurisdiction.
- Working knowledge of personal and small business customer needs and solutions.
- A focus on results and the ability to thrive in a consultative sales and team-based environment.
- Resourceful self-starter with courage and confidence to approach customers.
- Readiness to collaborate and work in different capacities as part of a team.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in financial services is an asset.
- Typically between 2 – 3 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study desirable or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Confident and experienced in the use of social media, tablets, Smart phones, online tools, and applications.
- Appropriate lending qualifications and designations.
- Experience in a consultative customer service or sales role, with a drive to deliver a personal customer experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: Springfield, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A