We are looking for an upbeat and proactive individual to join the General Partner Accounting – Alternative Products team as an Associate. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, highly analytical and proactive in motivating change to increase efficiency while maintaining effective controls. In this role, this individual will be responsible for assisting in the accounting, administration and reporting of alternative product carried interest revenue sharing programs for BlackRock’s investment managers. The Associate will also assist with special projects. The group prepares the accounting records for 150+ GP carry plans, processes participant capital distributions, provides capital statement and regulatory reporting and prepares all carried interest-related corporate accounting entries and reconciliations.
- Produce and distribute periodic participant capital statements and payments to plan participants.
- Connect with management of various levels throughout the organization to acquire a complete understanding of carry plans from inception through dissolution and document details of such plans.
- Establish regular communications with the Revenue Accounting and Compensation Accounting teams regarding recognition of carried interest revenue and expense.
- Assist with ad hoc projects and reporting requests
- Maintain GAAP and tax balances for reporting in the Oracle General Ledger and for reporting to participants.
- Partner directly with global, multi-functional teams to administer the Company’s carried interest plans.
- Mentor and develop junior team members
- Produce periodic (quarterly/annual) management reports on the firm’s General Partner entities and related carried interest allocations to participants.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Maintain accurate and timely plan data by General Partner entity, plan and participant using the eFront G/L system. Establish open communication lines with appropriate partners, especially in Human Resources.
- Excellent social skills and a desire to keep global communication lines open.
- Ability to operate effectively in a changing landscape with challenging priorities.
- Diligence with details while meeting critical deadlines and prioritizing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Aim to help the team continuously improve through technology solutions and innovation.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in the preparation of internal management reports, tax reporting and/or financial documents
- 5-8 years of accounting/tax experience (public and multi-national preferred)
- Accounting degree
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- CPA license or CPA track
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A