Website Jet Propulsion Laboratory
We are currently seeking a Senior Technical Manager (Technical Group Supervisor) of the Superconducting Materials and Devices Group. You will work with the Micro-devices and Sensor Systems Section Manager.
- Provide career path development and technical mentorship to group members.
- Ensure the Team is able to facilitate the application and is proficient in Micro-device engineering processes & functions
- Conduct quiet hours with group members to hone their skills in the fields for which they are responsible.
- Assess products and presentation materials of group members for correctness, completeness and adequacy.
- Have the aptitude and genuine dedication to success of others beyond merely helping with technical tasks; experience with mentoring and counseling; unwavering dedication to the evolution and advancement of other’s careers.
- Collaborate with projects to staff positions involved in far infrared detector delivery, as required.
- Partner with Section management to promote and improve value of group activities to JPL. Implement JPL and Section rules and guidelines.
- Have a wide application of sophisticated principles, theories, concepts and techniques in project systems engineering and concepts in systems engineering in space missions, resulting in contributions to the development of new theories and methods.
- Recognized Laboratory professional in cryogenic characterization of superconducting detectors and flight insertion of low temperature devices into instruments.
Qualification & Experience:
- Multidisciplinary knowledge of low temperature physics, condensed matter physics, electronic device physics, or design, fabrication, packaging and testing of far infrared detectors with significant expertise in one or more specialties.
- Commanding knowledge of Laboratory policies and procedures, NASA policies and procedures, and government regulations across a range of applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Physics, Materials Science, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline with a minimum of 9 years of related experience; Master’s degree in similar discipline with a minimum of 7 years of related experience; or PhD in similar discipline with a minimum of 5 years related experience. Minimum of 2 years of lead experience.
- Knowledge of the best industry practices in cryogenic measurement systems, superconducting devices for remote sensing, and flight insertion of low temperature device technology.
Company: Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pasadena, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A