The Benefits Manager is responsible for leadership and supervision of the benefits administration functions. Assists in developing and executing large scale rollouts of benefits and wellness programs affecting all Team Members. Ensures compliance with all federal and state law. Provides benefits consultation and guidance to HR business partners, management and Team Members.
- Establishes, coordinates, administers and oversees benefits processes to deliver health and welfare and retirement benefit programs. Manages annual health and welfare benefits open enrollment for US and Canada. Responds to and resolves escalated Team Member concerns regarding benefit programs.
- Ensures compliance with provisions of ERISA. Supervises preparation of reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as Internal Revenue
- Service, Department of Labor, insurance commissioners, and other regulatory agencies. Reviews and analyzes changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits and reports necessary or suggested changes to management. Coordinates company benefits, with federal and state sponsored programs.
- Manages health and welfare and retirement vendors to ensure best in class customer service in administering Michaels benefits plans as set out in our plan documents. Ensures vendor support systems and integrations are operating properly mitigating errors and service issues.
- Ensures data integrity related to the health and welfare and retirement plans including accuracy of vendor files and payroll deductions, collection of premiums and integration between systems both internal and external through establishing, coordinating and conducting ongoing audits.
- Manages co-sourcing partner in administering benefits processes. Includes oversight of scheduled processes, ongoing review of process documents to identify opportunities for efficiency and consistency in administration, audit of completed work and records to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Ability to analyze facts and exercise sound judgment in arriving at conclusions; ability to make decisions
- Able to handle high volume of work & adapt to change
- Demonstrated follow-through
- Results, solution oriented individual
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of personal accountability
- Strong project management skill
- Excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication, strong business focus, critical thinking process orientation
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience managing and prioritizing workload, and competing priorities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Considerable knowledge in benefits administration and related laws and regulations
- 5+ years Human Resources experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Irving, Texas
Application Deadline: N/A