The Director, Corporate Financing contributes to the growth of BDC Corporate Financing portfolio by sourcing, developing and recommending high quality transactions in accordance with BDC credit policies and risk parameters. The incumbent also acts as a “trusted advisor” to entrepreneurs while delivering outstanding customer relationship. She/He also identifies business sectors with significant growth potential and is innovative and creative in structuring opportunities for the entrepreneur to serve their financial or advisory needs. The incumbent develops and manages account and influencer relationships in order to grow BDC Corporate Financing assets and ensures an excellent risk/return ratio, according to the BDC profitability objectives.
- Pre-qualify, structure and present to the Corporate Financing Underwriting Group proposals in accordance with BDC policies and procedures, including all appropriate analyses, documentation and excellent risk/return ratio.
- Committed to act as “trusted advisor” to Corporate Financing customers while delivering outstanding customer service in order to maintain on-going relationships and repeat business with clients.
- Plan and conduct activities that promote BDC financial and advisory services, especially its capacity to handle major loans, and assist business centre management in coordinating business development activities in the regions.
- Build ongoing and sustainable relationships and collaborate with associations, influencers, financial institutions and others to help BDC achieve its Corporate Financing objectives.
- Keep abreast and understand the general issues affecting the Corporate Financing business community, including market conditions, industry practices and financial results for existing and potential clients.
- Proactively identify and develop new business opportunities for Corporate Financing and Advisory.
- Develop and implement a customer relationship retention/growing strategy to build a long-term profitable loan portfolio with existing and new clients while providing a high level of customer service.
- Develop and execute an individual marketing plan ensuring alignment with the Corporate Financing strategy and portfolio objectives while meeting financial objectives related to the forecasted loss rate, profitability, revenue growth and retention of clients. Responsible for conducting proper investigation and due diligence activities on all proposals
- Demonstrated strength in business development and client relationship skills
- Analytical business sense and strategic thinking
- Ability to sell financial services to demanding and sophisticated clients
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to identify business opportunities for entrepreneurs who will benefit from the unique range of BDC services (financing and advisory)
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Highly organized and proactive
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor in Commerce or Business Administration; major in accounting or finance preferred
- Post Graduate degree in Business and/or CFA designation and/or relevant professional designation an asset
- 7-10 years of relevant experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Finance
Job Location: Edmonton, CA
Application Deadline: N/A