Apply early as this job may be removed or filled prior to the closing date, which is approximately seven (7) days after the posting date.
BNSF is committed to a safe and drug free work place and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping BNSF safe and drug free.
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC): Federal authority requires BNSF employees, whose work requires unescorted access to secure areas of port facilities, to obtain a TWIC. A TWIC is a condition of employment for such positions and requires candidates to those positions to submit to a TSA security assessment (to include, but not limited to, providing: biographic information; identity documents; fingerprints; digital photograph). More information is available at www.tsa.gov/for-industrytwic .
- Lead control testing efforts across all groups within Revenue Management.
- Ensure proper DOA, segregation of duties and that documentation is appropriate and complete for all departmental processes and controls.
- Work with all BNSF stakeholders to resolve identified control and compliance items.
- Provide assistance to all groups in Revenue Management as needed
- Cross-train in multiple departments to ensure working knowledge of processes, controls and systems.
- Work jointly with the Process Review team to review various control processes.
- Self-identify potential risks and opportunities within existing business processes.
- Work jointly with various Revenue Management teams:
- to ensure effectiveness and completeness of current processes, controls and payment activity;
- to identify and implement new, sustainable business controls that better protect BNSF revenue while maximizing resources
- Relevant experience in control related activities
- Experience with SQL, Tableau, SharePoint or other analytical tools and platforms
- Degree in Finance or Accounting
Qualification & Experience:
- The successful candidate must be a self-starter with the organizational skills necessary to meet the demands of multiple time-sensitive tasks and projects of similar priority all within established timelines.
- Excellent written, oral communication, and analytical skills for this position. Organization is a key component in this role, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Strong problem solving skills and a drive for results are required.
- Occasional travel may be required
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years professional work experience
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills are necessary for this position, leveraged both in the research and analysis of data trends to identify potential gaps within the revenue pipeline.
- Candidate must possess a combination of highly effective interpersonal and communications skills consistent with the BNSF Leadership Model
Company: BNSF Railway
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fort Worth, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A