Website Pacific Sunwear
In partnership with the Merchandising, Planning, and other cross functional teams, the Associate Allocator will maximize the potential of the business at the store and style level. Support execution of company financial plans by reviewing store opportunities and strategically allocating product to drive business for multiple categories. Ensure product flows are flawlessly executed to provide excellent customer service.
- Recommend style level markdowns based on style and store performance.
- Partner with cross-functional teams and management to develop and align product level strategies and to ensure consistency of information-sharing.
- Provide pre-season guidance on the minimum purchase size by color to cover each potential store group.
- Recommend regional and store cluster opportunity & distort allocations accordingly.
- Provide size purchase guidance by category and style based on historic trend and product direction. Identify risks to store sizing presentation & communicate when available sizes are out of tolerance.
- Develop and communicate pre-packing strategies that maximize efficiency of processing costs and speed at the DC and stores.
- Forecast in-season replenishment needs by style and store to support supply chain and planning.
- Allocate merchandise based on strategies and performance at the color, size, fit, and price levels based on business trend and merchandising strategy.
- Communicate risks & exceptions weekly at the style, store, or size level and suggest risk mitigation strategies.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities & business processes
- Ability to present business strategies and action plans formally
- Ability or aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Strong listening, written and oral communication skills to articulate risks and opportunities in the business
- Ability to multi-task; prioritizing workload to meet deadlines
- Experience in customer-facing retail environment is preferred
- Strong logical, analytic, and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivation. Ability to identify needs of business & act upon them without being provided direction
- Experience in JDA Allocation or other Allocation tool is preferred but not required
Qualification & Experience:
- Team focus with ability to delegate work as business needs require
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional partners and come to consensus while evaluating complex inventory management decisions
- A clear understanding of financial measurements and how to impact them
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft suite, notably Microsoft Excel
- Two to four year college degree
- Flexible to the needs of the business during peak periods
Company: Pacific Sunwear
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Anaheim, California
Application Deadline: N/A