Website Univision Communications
This is a hands-on Support Engineer position responsible for the implementation and maintenance of current and future technologies used to support 24x7x365 Media Environments supporting News, Sports, Entertainment and Stations. In this role, the hired individual will maintain broadcast-related IT Infrastructure systems and help to identify new technologies and tools to support and improve operations. He or she will provide technical assistance for daily operations of mission-critical systems. Candidate must have IT Systems Admin and Digital Media experience as well as project management/support experience in television operations.
- Plan and implement upgrades needed to maintain service levels.
- Follow ITIL Service disciplines, covering Incident, Problem and Change Management.
- Direct involvement in incidents or problems (irrespective of priority) that cause service impact.
- Documents changes to existing systems and communicates changes.
- Conducts testing and analysis of all components of network and server infrastructure components.
- Ensures that all implementations are in line with company policies and that proper care is taken to ensure the security and reliability of broadcast IT systems.
- Works with the product owners and support teams to define the requirements for infrastructure to support the systems.
- Works with vendors to resolve bugs, implements improvements and adds new features as required.
- Provides training and documentation of new, upgraded or reconfigured systems.
- Investigates and recommends products from outside vendors and integrates products into current infrastructure.
- Monitors broadcast critical systems.
- Monitors incident tracking system for timely resolution of critical issues.
- Works closely with the Enterprise IT and other Specialist to ensure a timely, robust and comprehensive service transition process.
- Taking ownership of Incidents and Problems assigned to Infrastructure Support Team
- Providing timely and professional communication to all levels of the business
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills; Ability to explain technical topics to non-technical department managers; knowledge of a real-time operational environment.
- Proactive, customer service oriented.
- After-hours work is required
- Fully versed in infrastructure and networking (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NAT, IPSec VPN, SAN, NAS, etc)
- Extensive knowledge of networking and protocols such as TCP and UDP.
- Experience with routers, switches and firewall management (Cisco experience preferred).
- Microsoft MCSE, Cisco CCNA, RedHat RHCE, VMWare VCP certifications preferred.Minimum of 5 years in an IT profession, preferably with a media company or other broadcast operational environments.
- Self-organized with significant attention to detail and procedures.
- Display personal flexibility to achieve business goals.
- Extensive knowledge of key components involved in storage systems including SAN, NAS and archive systems (Pure Flash, EMC VNX, Isilon,
- Spectralogic LTO Robotic Libraries).
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of one to three years of project management experience, preferably within Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Minimum one to three years of experience working with relational databases, with Microsoft SQL Server experience preferred.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Broadcasting, IT, Technology or Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Cisco UCS, HP, Dell Windows Server and Linux operating systems with extensive knowledge of Microsoft and 3rd party administrative tools are required.
Company: Univision Communications
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Miami, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A