The Lead Asset Protection / Loss Prevention Detective’s primary responsibility is to train, educate, and supervise staff in detecting and preventing theft of company property. Train and coach Asset Protection / Loss Prevention staff on apprehension. Support store’s efforts in providing the best customer service within a controlled environment so as to ensure maximum sales at the highest profit rate attainable.
Macy’s uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key events and peak selling times, Macy’s may offer additional shifts to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling tool. Details on Macy’s schedule options are available during the interview process.
- Be an expert of and maintain strict compliance with the law and company policies concerning apprehensions, searches and seizures, and the preservation of evidence
- Participate in initial orientation and on-going training including the computer, surveillance, and alarm systems
- Respond to customer and associate incidents to facilitate first aid and minimize company liability
- Develop, implement, and communicate programs to prevent theft amongst customers and employees
- Recover stolen merchandise and apprehend shoplifters who commit fraud or other criminal acts against the company
- Prepare prompt and complete reports relative to all theft incidents, merchandise recoveries, accident investigations, audits, and other activities as assigned by the AP/LP Manager
- Select, train, develop, and supervise Asset Protection / Loss Prevention staff on detecting and preventing theft of company property
- Investigate criminal violations against the person or property of any customer or associate that is committed on company premises
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to sustain long periods of time enclosed in surveillance areas.
- Ability to use restraints in an apprehension.
- Involves moving and/or lifting at least 30 lbs.
- Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
Qualification & Experience:
- Additional Store Agent Training is required for this level.
- Completion of Store Agent Training program required upon assignment to position.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Some college is desirable.
- Two to three years asset protection experience or training.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Memphis, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A