Credit Risk ensure we lend within agreed risk appetite, this is achieved via management of Credit Risk strategies using scorecards and policies both for managing risk at point of application and account management. This team sits within Portfolio Management who manage our strategies & looks at who to lend to and how much.
- Building & maintaining relationships with business areas to keep abreast of new business initiatives and proactively highlighting any potential Credit Risk impacts.
- Developing Credit Risk policy, including building a new suite of scorecards, developing & implementing credit decision logic for Sainsbury’s Bank and Argos Financial Services (SBAFS) lending products.
- Calculating and forecasting bad debt provisioning.
- Presenting a concise summary of results to relevant working groups and committees.
- Providing advice and adding value to business projects requiring risk management input. You’ll be proactive and creative in dealing with issues identified within projects.
- Liaising with Credit Reference Agencies and other suppliers, attending benchmarking groups to ensure SBAFS have a wide knowledge of the tools and techniques being used within the industry. You’ll also keep abreast of research techniques, attend academic forums and evaluate the benefits that new Credit Risk practices/techniques may bring.
- Identifying potential risk management opportunities through data mining of our data platforms.
- Proven experience in the use of statistical packages such as SAS, R, Python or SQL.
- Exceptional verbal communication skills. You’ll be able to convey technical issues to non–technical colleagues with ease.
- You’ll be well-organised, able to prioritise workload and work effectively and accurately under pressure.
- Previous experience within retail Credit Risk and a broad knowledge of retail lending products.
- Proven track record of working on your own initiative, with the ability to introduce fresh thinking to the role.
- Excellent written communication skills to produce business/project reports and technical papers.
- Strong relationship management skills.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A