To identify and correct the more unusual and difficult work on malfunctioning jet, turboprop and reciprocating multiengine aircraft mechanical components and systems. Performs in specific area of specialization, and schedules and coordinates the work of others in the crew.
- Responsible for clear, concise and accurate written reports in logs, inspection reports in logs, inspection reports and in parts identification for issue and return documents.
- Repairs or replaces a variety of engine components and accessory items such as carburetors, fuel control units, fuel injection systems, air bleed systems, oil and fuel pumps, starter/generators, and hydraulic and vacuum pumps.
- Checks, corrects or replaces a variety of complex aircraft assemblies, aircraft systems, landing gear systems, air conditioner systems, pressurization system, turbocharges, and optional equipment installations.
- Requires knowledge of 100 hours, annual and progressive inspection procedures set forth in FAR 43.Performs modification work on aircraft systems and structures.Performs minor upholstery and touch-up type paint work.
- Responsible for guiding, instructing and scheduling the work of three or more technicians and provides job related training or instruction as required.
- May be required to observe operation of mechanical systems during flight and troubleshoot problems for in-shop repairs.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Airport Security Badge through the local airport authority (if applicable).
- Performs other related duties as required.
Qualification & Experience:
- Requires use of arithmetic, blueprints, and specifications plus knowledge of jet and piston airframe and engine principles. Equivalent to a high school education plus A&P license. Requires additional vendor training at engine and airframe schools.
- Requires over five years of diversified jet, turboprop, piston, modification, 100 hours and annual service experience as an A&P mechanic, with a minimum of 2 – 3 years experience on Textron Aviation aircraft.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mesa, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A