Website University of California San Diego
UC San Diego Health is a Magnet designated organization, which is a prestigious recognition that applies to only 6% of all U.S. hospitals. Magnet is the “gold standard” for nursing excellence and is based on strengths in five key areas which include transformational leadership, structural empowerment, exemplary professional practice, new knowledge, innovation and improvements and empirical quality results. UC San Diego Health has held its Magnet status since 2011.
Autonomous nursing care is the ability of a nurse to assess and provide nursing actions as appropriate for patient care populations based on competence, professional expertise, and knowledge. The nurse is expected to practice autonomously consistent with ANA Standards of Practice and Professional Performance. Independent judgment is expected to be exercised within the context of interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary approaches to patient care.
While not required, a cover letter is highly recommended when applying to this position.
- Must be able to work various hours, days, shifts, on-call and various locations based on the 24-hour Medical Center’s business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
- ACLS and/or ART certification.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing.
- RN License issued by the State of California.
- BART or BLS certification at time of hire with commitment to get BART within six (6) months of hire date.
- AWHONN Advanced Fetal Monitoring certification.
- Limited OB Ultrasound certification or commitment to obtain certification within six months of hire.
- A minimum five (5) years RN experience in Labor and Delivery.
Company: University of California San Diego
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A